A vital check list for you:
- Entry requirements Visas
You will need a tourist visa to enter Sri Lanka at least 48 hrs before you fly.
You can get a short stay visa online from the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) at: http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/
Tourist visas are normally issued for a maximum period of 30 days. Although it’s still possible to get a tourist visa on arrival, it’s better to get one before you travel.
It also costs US$5 more to get the visa on arrival, compared to buying it online before you fly. If you arrive in Sri Lanka without a visa, you could face delays.
The UK, New Zealand, Australia, America and most European countries all require a visit or short visit visa to Sri Lanka, you can get this online from the eta official site, it should only cost you US$35 Short Visit Visa fee. Do not go to other web sites that will over charge for this service (with charges up to US$99 this is not advised, when it only should cost you US$35).
For Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Countries it costs US$15 short visit visa to Sri Lanka for 30 days.
• Check that you have a valid passport. A minimum of 6 months validity is a prerequisite.
• Make sure you take photocopies of your passport, visa and other documentation and keep them separate to your hand luggage and leave details of where you are going with someone at home.
• Don’t forget to take the contact details of your next of kin who can be contacted in case of emergency.
• Familiarize yourself with the culture and customs in Sri Lanka. Find out some of the local customs, religions and etiquettes, for example Sri Lanka is 80% Buddhist if visiting a temple make sure you are wear long sleeved tops and covered legs.
• It’s a good idea to purchase some local currency Sri Lanka Rupees in advance and take either traveler’s cheques or credit cards, which can be used to withdraw money from local ATMs. Always inform your bank you are going abroad.
• You should also consider personal safety, check the Foreign Office website for any risks that you should be made aware of or will need necessary vaccinations.
• With major operations plan recreational activities such as diving, surfing, hiking, safari tours, or taking a road trip before the procedure, because you will need time to relax and recover afterwards. It will be possible for you to make short trips to the beaches south of Colombo after your surgery, but depending on your treatment you will not be able to sun bathe or swim. Always inform your surgeon at the post operative checks, if you are planning to go on a trip and take their advice before going anywhere.
Sri Lanka Tourism http://www.srilanka.travel/srilanka-at-a-glance
Flying to Sri Lanka.
If you are on a budget you may find that First Choice and Thomsonfly have the seasonal deals on chartered flights these will have more restricted travel dates, compared to national airlines.
International Airlines that fly to Colombo, Sri Lanka
Bandaranaike International Airport (also known as Colombo International Airport and Katunayake International Airport).
Note: Always check directly with the Airlines for their routes and schedules as they do change.
Need help finding a hotel in Colombo ??
Contact us for details of selected 4 star hotels to suit your bespoke needs – special rates with airport transfers available.
For hotel package details contact : email@example.com
or ask a question via the ENQUIRY FORM
Day tours or short break options
Down South 1 – 3 hrs drive to the Beaches
<< 3) Cost factor Back << >> Next 5) Help and advice, if something goes wrong >>